Re: [squid-users] Can I find out How much uploading user is doing from access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:25:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, ads squid wrote:

> Hi, We can find out amount of data transfer from access.log. I am
> suspecting lot of uploading from my LAN user/users and want to restrict
> bandwidth for those particular users by delay pools feature. I don't
> mind if somebody is downloading lot. But want to restrict only uploading
> users. Please guide me how to use access.log for this. Thanks for
> support. d

The access.log does not (yet) contain information on the amount of data
uploaded. And it is also the case that delay pools does not apply on
uploaded data, only downloaded data.

To get some accounting on the amount of uploaded data you can use the
custom log patch and extend the log to include the Content-Length request
header (NOT reply header). This will at least log the amount of uploaded
data for non-SSL requests.