[squid-users] Transparent cache error reporting

From: Berant Lemmenes <berant@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:04:34 -0500

I'm running a transparent squid cache using WCCP. The cache is being
used in an ASP/Hosting company that services both internal employees as
well as hosted company's citrix farms etc...

The problem is that as this one cache is servicing many different
companies I don't want them all coming to me as their "cache
administrator"

I can change the error pages to say some generic "contact your
help-desk" message however those help-desks have nothing to do with this
cache, so that's kinda pointless.

I've had two thoughts... can squid just pass on the original error back
to the client? I know I'm not describing that well, what I would like
is instead of squid returning an error page back to the client and by
doing that make the client's browser believe it got a correct response,
have squid "fail" if a server is done or something, that way they get IE
(or netscape etc...) to generate the error. This way they don't see
anything out of the ordinary.

Other wise another thought was to just replace squid's error pages with
IE's pages (for each appropriate error type)

Any one else have a similar setup and or addressed this same type of
problem a different way?

Thanks!
Berant