Re: [squid-users] fetch speed

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:32:59 +0530

> Hi there. Can squid be configured to fetch remote resource at a speed
> not higher than the speed at which squid's client consumes the stream?

Well.
Why cannot you use Delay Pools for limiting Bandwidth,
Using the Delay Pools you can limit the Bandwidth depening upon the allowed limit to access.
Depening upon the Subnet mask class type,you can change the Bandwidth limit.
I hope it is effective method to limit the bandwidth.

Refer http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.8
There also some example acls given for the IPv4 class C.

Regards,
Muthukumar.