[squid-users] ftp access

From: <Jim_Brouse/PYT@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:09:05 -0700

We are trying to ftp to a site with the following format
ftp://usertname@ftpsite

Although the error we are getting is "cache access denied" we can access
sites on that machine but we get the error cache access denied when trying
to ftp to site with the above method.

Below is the error message:
___________________________________
While trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://username@site

The following error was encountered:

Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

    ftp://username@site
from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet
Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please
contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties authenticating
yourself or change your default password.

We authenticate users for internet access based on IP addresses not on
usernames and passwords so I am not sure if this is cachemgr.cgi issue or
not?

There is a username/password that the site is requiring I am not sure if
squid is also requiring something in addition to that?

Jim