Re: [squid-users] filtering access to certain sites for group of users...

From: Darren Spruell <darren_spruell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:46:46 -0700

Steve Dickey wrote:
> I have a client that needs to filter a certain list of websites with their
> squid proxy server. The list contains a couple dozen domains and there are
> a handful of users on the system that should NOT be filtered. Can someone
> point me in the right direction for this type of configuration?

Our setup uses squidGuard to impose a whitelist for certain groups of
clients where we have a list of domains we allow them to access, and a
blacklist for other groups where we deny a list of domains.

You might not need something as nice (configurable?) as this.. so you
could use squid's native's acl functions to set up the desired access
control. The example config file should give you an idea of what options
to set in the comments.

--
Darren Spruell
Sento I.S. Department