Re: [squid-users] Caching P2P

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:41:20 -0800 (PST)

A company called joltids makes a product called p2pcache that acts as a
cache for fastrack based p2p traffic...

I suspect the diversity of p2p platforms the relative size of the files
and the legal ambiguity of turning around and offering materials may
potentially be unlawful, the makes caching traffic from them
problematic... notwithstanding that, files are files. there are filters
for ethereal and snort that will pull out the file names that your users
download. the most downloaded files, you could pull down yourself or
reconstruct the files from the bitstream, and offer to your customers. you
could even offer them on multiple p2p networks then you're definiently
involved in the file sharing.

An article on what wanado is or isn't doing is here.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/32243.html

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu