[squid-users] Squid + PAM + Kerberos + local account

From: Antonio Manfreda <antonio.manfreda1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:54:35 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to set up back-end Kerberos authentication beetween Squid and
Windows 2000 Server.
I'm using pam_auth helper, which works fine with a few changes to file
/etc/krb5.conf.
Anyway I can only authenticate users whose accounts are defined locally on
my Squid Linux box.
If a user is defined in Win2K Kerberos database, but does not exist locally
on my Squid server I get the message:

> (pam_auth): pam_krb5: unable to determine uid/gid for user

Is there any way to avoid PAM uid/gid lookup of users (I just need
authentcation), maybe through a modified pam_krb5 module?

Thank you in advance.

Antonio Manfreda