Re: [squid-users] Squid + PAM + Kerberos + local account

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 04:07:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Antonio Manfreda wrote:

> > (pam_auth): pam_krb5: unable to determine uid/gid for user
>
> Is there any way to avoid PAM uid/gid lookup of users (I just need
> authentcation), maybe through a modified pam_krb5 module?

You can not use PAM without NSS. This is because PAM is designed for
authentication of UNIX users.

You may be able to cook up a native Squid authentication helper for
kerberos, avoiding the need for both PAM and NSS. All you need is
something which can answer the question if a given login+password is
correct or not.