Re: [squid-users] squid support socks

From: Abdul Khader <abdulkhader7862003@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 00:42:41 -0800 (PST)

Thanks,
I want to tunnel all the ftp, socks, pop and smtp
through my squid. I have a squid which authenticates
the users, so, I want all the requests, be it socks,
http, ftp, pop, smtp or voice chat or video chat to go
through my squid. Is there any way to tunnel all this
through my squid. I will run a socks server but that
socks server should in turn tunnel it's traffic
through my http proxy.

Actually, my user's are complaining that they are not
able to use yahoo messenger's voice chat and video
chat and that they are not able to use ftp on those
sites which requires autentication. Please advise me
if I can. what is the best solution for this
situation. I cannot go for nat/masq.

Rgards
Abdul Khader