[squid-users] Reverse proxy authentication

From: Mohammad Meskarian <mohammad.meskarian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:42:42 -0000

Dear All

   I have problem with Squid when is working as reverse proxy.
   I want to put squid between my web server and internet world and do
authentication
   before opening or forwarding any
   Traffic to my actual webserver.
   Reverse proxy configuration is working with no problem and squid
forward the traffic to
   my web server properly
   But as soon as I apply any access list with authentication simply
deny all access and
   doesn’t allow any connection.
   However my acl with PAM authentication is working properly as long as
I use the squid
   in usual way (not reverse)
   Any help regards command and configuration for access list on reverse
proxy with
   authentication is appreciated.
   Do I need to use specific command or parameter inside reverse proxy
configuration with
   authentication?

   Best regards
   Mo