Re: [squid-users] Why does cache_peer_access and external helpers not work together ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:30:27 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Rabie van der Merwe wrote:

> Why does cache_peer_access not work with external auth helpers?

Because cache_peer_access can not yet wait for the reply from the helper.

> Will their be any support for it in future, or does the current process just
> not make it a viable/possible combination?

It is simply not done yet. There is nothing which stops it from getting
done some time in the future.

If you need this feature rather sooner than later then I would recommend
contacting sales@marasystems.com for hiring some Squid developer
resources to have the feature implemented.