[squid-users] transparent cache for wireless network

From: Michael <mogmios@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:38:12 -0500

I have Squid running on my home LAN to speed things up a bit and have
all my desktop machines configured to use it. I have added a wireless
network for my laptops though and want them to also use the proxy.
Because they will be using other networks too I don't want to hard
configure them to use the proxy. I was thinking of using the gateway
machine connecting the wireless machines to the rest of the net to
transparently redirect port 80 traffic from the wireless through the
proxy and then out to the Internet. Besides changing my firewall rules
to accomplish this would I have to make any changes to Squid? Does
anyone know of good documentation on doing this? Thanks.