Re: [squid-users] agin Samba3 Win 2003 and Squid 2.5 stable4

From: Damian McGuckin <damianm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:15:01 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Mark Taylor wrote:

> Check the group ownership on your winbind_priveleged directory. It
> should be owned by the same group that squid runs as...

I am curious if somebody has an authorative answer/explanation on this
one.

Maybe Mark's answer is authorative but the Samba documentation for the
winbindd daemon mentions that the directory PERMISSIONS have to be changed
for SQUID. Mind you, it does not mention to what you have to change these
permissions. Ahhhh!

Mark mentions that you need to instead change the group OWNERSHIP to the
same as that which SQUID runs.

However, the authorisation helpers runs as nobody/nobody so I can't see
how changing it to the same group as squid would work.

Maybe I am missing something here. Mind you, it wouldn't be the first
time.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 22/8 Campbell St, Artarmon NSW 2064
Ph:+61-2-99063377 .. Fx:+61-2-99063468 | unsolicited email not wanted here !
Views and opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer