[squid-users] Re: Question about ldapsearch argument!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:11:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Hamed Majnoonian wrote:

> 1- The name of my domain is "juno.hov.butanegroup.com" - juno is the
> name of my active directory and the rest is the domain name.

Ok.

> 2- Here is my Ldapsearch argument: /Ldapsearch -h 192.168.2.2 -xv -b
> dc=juno,dc=hov,dc=butanegroup,dc=com "uid=administrator"

Was anything returned?

Most AD servers do not allow anonymous searches of the directory, and you
may need to specify a bind DN and password to bind as while performing the
search.

Also AD does not make use of the uid attribute last time I looked, so
unless you have defined this attribute in your directory the search filter
is unlikely to return anything.

As searches is not allowed you have to "guess" what the DN to bind as is
or use a "Windows" LDAP tool to browse the directory while logged on to
the domain.

But the DN for administrator should be

   CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=juno,dc=hoc,dc=butanegroup,dc=com

Assuming your AD name is juno.hoc.butanegroup.com (should show up as
@juno.hoc.butanegroup.com in the login screen and in the user manager).