Re: [squid-users] time out with load balance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:29:51 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Nacho Lasheras wrote:

> I have running a squid 2.5-STABLE in a computer with RH 9 and two gateways
> (load balancing) to internet.
> My problem is that when any client try to get a web the squid return a blank
> page with time out but if i try to get a web "without the squid" it works
> fine.

Should not make any difference.

Is the links transparent allowing transmission of traffic belonging to one
link on the other? The route you have created assumes this as it does not
bind sessions to a specific route.

If the links are not transparent then you need to use policy routing to
make sure ongoing sessions are always routed to their correct path. This
is probably recommended anyway. See the Linux advanced routing howto.