[squid-users] Problems with redirection working on client.

From: Brenton Bills <brenton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:49:53 +1000

Greetings People,

I have been trying to get a redirect working with squid and pyredir,
but no matter what I do, it does not seem to redirect in my browser.

So I am wondering if you guys can assist me in getting this running,
I have installed, squid-2.4.STABLE7-4 from rpm and in my squid.conf
I have,

squid.conf:
redirect_program /usr/local/sbin/pyredir
redirect_children 10

I also have pyredir configure file which says,

# do not redirect cgi-bin stuff
.*(\?|/cgi-bin/).*$ !

#.*://.*/debian/((?:dists|pool)/.*[^/])$ =http://localhost:8082/\1

.*://.*/(.*)\.(zip|exe|pdf)
=:http://10.33.1.4/cgi-bin/viralator.cgi?url=\1.\2

I know this works as its producing a log in /var/log/squid/pyredir.log

1074674517.670 Redirect:
"http://viralator.sourceforge.net/downloads/1eicar_com.zip 127.0.0.1/- -
GET" -> ":http://10.33.1.4/cgi-bin/viralator.cgi?url=1eicar_com.zip"

(viralator is a virus scanner)

I thought I also better tell you I am using a proxy.pac on the clients,
as I thought
that could effect something, but I dont see how.

Any suggestions on where to look would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Brenton Bills.