Re: [squid-users] Problems with redirection working on client.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:22:18 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Brenton Bills wrote:

> I have been trying to get a redirect working with squid and pyredir,
> but no matter what I do, it does not seem to redirect in my browser.

Please note that there exists two flavors of "redirects" from redirectors

a) Rewritten URL, causing Squid to fetch another URL than the URL
requested by the client

b) Browser redirects, asking the client to fetch another URL than the
requested URL.

> 1074674517.670 Redirect:
> "http://viralator.sourceforge.net/downloads/1eicar_com.zip 127.0.0.1/- -
> GET" -> ":http://10.33.1.4/cgi-bin/viralator.cgi?url=1eicar_com.zip"

Are you sure the : should be there in :http:...?

In most redirectors browser redirects are done by rewriting the URL to
include a suitable HTTP redirect status before the url such as
302:http://...