[squid-users] RE: www.www.domain.co.uk.com

From: <backdraught@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:08:26 +0000

Thanks for the responses but I have solved this one for my self. It became apparent that the cache did not have the page located but that the request was not then being passed on to the parent proxy (at my LEA).

I have solved this by adding the following lines into squid.conf:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
cache_peer proxys.brighton-hove.gov.uk parent 2454 0 no-query default
cache_peer_domain proxys.brighton-hove.gov.uk !brighton-hove.sch.uk !brighton-hove.gov.uk
never_direct allow all

This seems to be working very well however if you can see a problem with this that I haven't please let me know :)
The next task is to refine the acl's and to start experimenting with local content filtering.

Thanks again to everyone that provided the help I so badly needed during my first tentative steps. I dare say you won't have heard the last of my pleas for help.

Regards

Adam Condell

Technical Support
Cardinal Newman Catholic School