[squid-users] blocking sites with time rules

From: <krtecek@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:59:31 +0100

Hello,

i was looking for answer to my question in other forums, but without succes,
so i hope that somebody will know, what to do.

I´m an admin in the school and i need to block the internet acces in the lessons. But i
need too, that net will work in the breaks and after lessons.

The lessons are like M 9:00-9:45
                        M 10:00-10:45
                        M 12:00-12:45
                        W 10:00-10:45
                        W 13:00-13:45
etc....

So i made a "timetable" file like

M 9:00-9:45
M 10:00-10:45
M 12:00-12:45

acl time_table time "/etc/squid/timetable"

and i defined a file with the ip's of computers

192.168.1.2
192.168.1.3

acl my_net src "/etc/squid/my_net".

Then i defined http_acces list

http_access deny time_table
http_access allow my_net

But it doesn't work. In every example of using time in acl rules, you can read somethink like

"....To restrict access to work hours (9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday) from IP 192.168.2/24.... "

it's always one big period of time in one day, but i need 4 or 5 restrictions in 1 day.

Thanks a lot for replying.

Krtecek