Re: [squid-users] Squid redirector to give users information once

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:36:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Ward, John (I&DBM) wrote:

> I wish to implement a squid redirector which directs users to a site until they click on an accept button etc.
>
> Has anyone got an idea of what I can use ?

I would use an external acl + deny_info for this, with a very short
negative ttl.

But regardless if it is done via a redirector or a external acl it
requires two things to be made

a) A web page + cgi (or similar) which acts on the accept and registers
the users session in a database/file of choice.

b) A helper to Squid (redirector or external_acl) which checks if the user
is registered as having accepted the session.