[squid-users] fqdncache

From: <SMORRIS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:10:11 -0600

The default fqdncache is 1024. Is this low? I'm seeing a lot of the
documentation and recommendations are based on "old" hardware standards
(which in today's market could be one year ago :) Given an Intel platform,
1 GB RAM, 2.4 GHz CPU, 7 GB cache on a 10 GB mountpoint, would my users see
an increase in performance if the fqdncache number was raised?

Along the same lines, is there a URL for a good document on tuning Squid
after it is up and running? Not the basic configuration, but what people
have found is a tried and true "optimal" configuration based on horsepower
of the box on which it's running?

Thanks
Sam