[squid-users] How does an external helper works ?

From: Riccardo Fontana <dogbert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:01:20 +0100

I'm trying to write a simple external helper that suite my needs.

Is it enough to write an endless loop in perl script that read data from
stdin (username) and return OK or ERR checking soma basic functions ?

I've tried it but it doesn't get the username variable from the
auth_helper I'm using (see my other post about Mysql Authorization).

Where can I found a little basic documentation about how helpers
interact with squid ?

Many thanks

Riccardo