[squid-users] Iptables rules for squid

From: Mathew Thomas <mathew.thomas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:02:48 +1100

Hi,

I am setting up a super proxy for our Uni using Red Hat ES 3.0.
Faculty proxy servers will use mine as the parent. I am not using
transparent caching. I would like to know how should I set the Ip
tables rules, like which port should be opened for LAN and which port
should be opened for internet, etc. Is there any other special iptables
set up required for the efficient and secure running of the proxy? I am
using http_port 8080.

Thanks in advance for the help

Mathew