Re: [squid-users] Iptables rules for squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:49:26 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Mathew Thomas wrote:

> transparent caching. I would like to know how should I set the Ip
> tables rules, like which port should be opened for LAN and which port
> should be opened for internet, etc.

The LAN needs to be able to access the proxy port (http_port).

In addition the Squid server needs to be allowed to talk to the Internet
and your DNS server.

Note: if you are proxying FTP or otherwise making ftp requests from the
Squid proxy server then you need to remember to have the conntrack_ftp
helper module loaded or else FTP transfers may fail.