Re: [squid-users] Squid Java Applet Authentication Request

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:46:00 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Burnes, James wrote:

> Perhaps I just didn't see this feature in the Squid docs, but does Squid
> by default try to launch an authentication dialog when it see's Java
> applet content in the stream?

No.

But if your proxy requires authentication then Squid insist on login
credentials being present in the request and not all Java Virtual Machine
implementations are fully integrated with the browser for authentication
so you may receive another login request from the JVM if your proxy
requires authentication.

> I didn't type anything into it because I didn't know whether it was
> legit.

How this looks depends on the JVM, but if it contains the realm set in
your Squid proxy then it quite likely is legit (but still no guarantee)