Fwd: [squid-users] Need help about SQUID + WCCP2 and cisco router with IOS 12.2(13b)

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:49:14 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
To: Ing Wahib Bohsain Navarro <wahib@phoenix.intermatsa.com.mx>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2004, 5:54:15 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Need help about SQUID + WCCP2 and cisco router with IOS 12.2(13b)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Ing Wahib Bohsain Navarro wrote:

> with the show ip wccp web-cache deatil i see packets redirected 612450 the
> router is redirecting packets

Ok. So the WCCP negotiation work which means the WCCP parts in squid.conf
and the router is correctly configured.

> Does browsing work at all?
> the browsing doesn't work at all

Do you get a error message from Squid, or just timeout after a long time?

If timeout then the problem is then in how the cache server deals with
WCCP/GRE packets or how it intercepts the requests contained within those
packets.

If error message from Squid then you have not configured squid.conf for
interception caching.

>> Is the ip_wccp v2 module loaded on your Linux box?
>
> i did the instrucctions to patch the kernel like say in
> http://squid.visolve.com/developments/wccpv2.htm
> http://squid.visolve.com/developments/wccpv2_install.htm
> any sugestions?

Well, those instructions only tell you how to build the module. You also
needs to load the module in the same manner as is the case for WCCPv1
described in the Squid FAQ.

> I don't using any firewall at all no ipchains, and no iptables, i got that
> services down.

You need these. See the Squid FAQ on interception caching.

>> Have you configured the required interception caching settings in
>> squid.conf?
>
> what is the right config file ?

Again, see the Squid FAQ on interception caching.

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net