Fwd: [squid-users] NTLM issues *Pretty long*

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:18 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: David <david@students.ncl-coll.ac.uk>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2004, 7:51:32 AM
Subject: [squid-users] NTLM issues *Pretty long*

I'm having the same issues too. Squid 2.5.4, Samba 3.0.0final, WinNT4 PDC

Using Micro$ofts Q331906 has fixed some issues but I'm still receiving reports
of locked out accounts and auth popups which sometimes accept the entered
details.

Cheers,

David.

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 7:47 pm, Dave Augustus wrote:
> Chiming in here-
>
> We have the same difficulty in our environment: W2K PDC, Squid
> 2.5stable4, Samba 3.
>
> --Random auth popups
> --Random Account lock outs (like someone entered the wrong password)
>
> Nothing in log files points to anything.
>
> These 2 items are killing our implementation and ISA will probably
> replace it.
>
> --Dave
>
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 12:42, David Robinet wrote:
> > Hi, Jan:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I did check, and we are experiencing the same on
> > an IE5 machine. Since that's not been identified as one of the problem
> > browsers, I don't think we're experiencing the same thing.
> >
> > I'm getting the popup a lot - maybe 3 to 4 times per page, due to the
> > different graphics and buttons and things. (Like I said, I'll get the
> > first few portions of a page, then a popup or two, then a few more
> > portions..).

privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other
than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net