Fwd: [squid-users] NTLM issues *Pretty long*

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:10 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Dave Augustus <davea@support.kcm.org>
To: David Robinet <dave.robinet@magnasteyr.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 2:47:25 PM
Subject: [squid-users] NTLM issues *Pretty long*

Chiming in here-

We have the same difficulty in our environment: W2K PDC, Squid
2.5stable4, Samba 3.

--Random auth popups
--Random Account lock outs (like someone entered the wrong password)

Nothing in log files points to anything.

These 2 items are killing our implementation and ISA will probably
replace it.

--Dave

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 12:42, David Robinet wrote:
> Hi, Jan:
>
> Thanks for the reply. I did check, and we are experiencing the same on
> an IE5 machine. Since that's not been identified as one of the problem
> browsers, I don't think we're experiencing the same thing.
>
> I'm getting the popup a lot - maybe 3 to 4 times per page, due to the
> different graphics and buttons and things. (Like I said, I'll get the
> first few portions of a page, then a popup or two, then a few more
> portions..).

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net