Fwd: [squid-users] HTTPS questions

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:49:12 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Derek Winkler <dwinkler@algorithmics.com>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2004, 3:26:19 PM
Subject: [squid-users] HTTPS questions

I posted this earlier...

I was doing something similar.

Browser --SSL-> Squid --SSL--> OWA

I ran into a bug with the RSA SecurID pages but other than that it worked.

Might need to tighten up the ACLs.

Here's my config...

visible_hostname squidhost.algorithmics.com
cache_mgr dwinkler@algorithmics.com

https_port 443 cert=/opt/squid/etc/owahost.algorithmics.com.crt
key=/opt/squid/etc/owahost.algorithmics.com.key
cafile=/opt/squid/etc/cacert.crt defaultsite=owa.algorithmics.com

cache_peer owahost.algorithmics.com parent 443 0 no-query ssl proxy-only
originserver login=PASS sslcert=/opt/squid/etc/owahost.algorithmics.com.crt
sslkey=/opt/squid/etc/owahost.algorithmics.com.key sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER

ssl_unclean_shutdown on

acl owa-exchange urlpath_regex \/exchange(\/|$)
acl owa-webid urlpath_regex \/WebID\/

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl all-dst dst 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl owa-host dst owaipaddress/255.255.255.255

http_access allow owa-host owa-exchange
http_access allow owa-host owa-webid
http_reply_access allow all-dst
http_access deny all
http_access deny all-dst

You need to use the latest version of Squid to do this, unstable version 3,
patch uneeded.

The squid.conf.default describes all of the https_port options but doesn't
give in depth details of what they do.

Verisign gives specific intructions on how to generate a request using
openssl, follow instructions for Apache w/ Openssl or Apache w/ mod_ssl.