Fwd: [squid-users] Newbie question about the sockets opened by squid

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:43 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
To: Arjan Knepper <arjan.knepper@hacousto.com>
Date: Friday, January 30, 2004, 4:22:00 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Newbie question about the sockets opened by squid

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Arjan Knepper wrote:

> I see squid opens 4 sockets for listening 3 of them I understand the 4th
> not.

The 4th is the DNS client socket where Squid receives responses to it's
DNS queries.

Note: You can see full descriptions of each socket used in the
filedescriptor table using cachemgr.

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net