Fwd: [squid-users] cache dns lookup with transparent squid

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:51 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
To: Ronny <ronny@spacenet.co.ug>
Date: Friday, January 30, 2004, 9:50:40 AM
Subject: [squid-users] cache dns lookup with transparent squid

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Ronny wrote:

> Hi Henrik this thing failed me and I had to drop transparent cache .And
> I think it's a squid -DNS problem .Has anyone succeded running it on
> redhat 9 and iptables squid ver 2.5 runs fine on squid ver 2.4 redhat 7.3

In what way did it fail?

And in what manner is this related to the question about DNS cache in
transparent proxy setups?

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net