Fwd: [squid-users] cache configuration - squid 2.5-stable 4

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:16 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: lderuaz@free.fr <lderuaz@free.fr>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2004, 8:11:06 AM
Subject: [squid-users] cache configuration - squid 2.5-stable 4

Hello to all,

Based on different information that i've mainly found in this forum,
here are the cache configuration i've set up for my new servers
running Red Hat Linux :

The servers are DL 380, 1Gb Ram, with two 18Gb disks (raid1) for the
O.S, one 18Gb disk for the log, and two 18Gb disks for the cache
(/cache1 and /cache2).

The population of users is around 2000 users.

Squid has been compiled with the options :
        --enable-storeio="aufs,diskd,ufs
        --with-pthreads

Here the configuration for the cache

cache_dir aufs /cache1 12000 48 256
cache_dir aufs /cache2 12000 48 256
# cache_mem 8 MB
# cache_swap_low 90
# cache_swap_high 95

What do you think of my cache _dir tuning (aufs ?, L1 value,...)
Should I let the cache_mem to the default value ?
Should I let the cache_swap parameters to the default values ?

Thanks by advance for your help,

Lionel

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net