[squid-users] Samba 3 build for Squid

From: Damian McGuckin <damianm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:56:22 +1100 (EST)

As part of our own documentation moving to Samba 3.0 and Squid 2.5Stable4
and NTLM authentication, I have tried to update the FAQ-23 with some of
the stuff from the mailing list of the last few months and clarifying a
few points which assumed you knew bits from several obscure places. Does
anybody want this copy. It is a hand edited copy from the HTML. There
are several other attempts at this out there but they all leave bits out.
So do I probably.

Also, the FAQ refers to an option with which Samba must be built, namely

        --with-winbind-auth-challenge

While this is necessary in earlier versions, I can't find this option
anywhere in the configure for Samba 3.0?

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 22/8 Campbell St, Artarmon NSW 2064
Ph:+61-2-99063377 .. Fx:+61-2-99063468 | unsolicited email not wanted here !
Views and opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer