[squid-users] Slight problem

From: Chris Burton <cburton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:18:40 +0000

Hi All,

(im trying to put a squid proxy between our students and a windows 2000
proxy, there is a reason apparently just not been told why)

i have a slight problem you might beable to help me with.

i have just installed squid onto our redhat server and when i run the
squid executible from /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid i get the following
error

FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname. Please set
'visible_hostname'

Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE4): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.000 seconds = 0.000 user + 0.000 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 254
Aborted

dunno whats going on, i have changed the visivle_hostname bit to our
domain but im still getting the same problem.

any suggestions are greatly welcomed

Regards

Chris Burton
Linux Admin