Re: [squid-users] Squid without permanent disk accesses?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:40:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Sören Lorenz wrote:

> thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, my knowledge
> is not sufficient to change source code. Isn't there another way to
> deactivate the mentioned function or perhaps an unofficial modified
> source package available? I have read the request for a "quiet" squid
> for router-use on a couple of newsgroups already.

If you run Squid without a disk cache and with logs disabled then there is
no disk access.

If you have a cache then there is disk access unless you modify the
source.

No there is no unofficial modified source package modified in the manner
described in my previous message.

And no, you do not need to be a programmer to find what I was talking
about, but it obviously helps.