Re: [squid-users] Re: Some NTLM info which may explain failures

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:49:01 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Serassio Guido wrote:

> But, I have a doubt: why using ISA Server with NTLM they are never similar
> problems ?

The problems with random auth popups and account lockouts have been
identified. Currently working on a patch but it will take a while to get
correct. See bug #908.

But it is amasing the amount of bugs there is in MSIE 6 wrt
authentication, and everytime they try to fix one problem then seem to
break authentication in some other manner..

Approximate line of MSIE 6 events.

- They fixed some problems with NTLM authentication, broke Basic

- They fixed Basic, but broke NTLM.

[SP1]

- They fixed NTLM, but broke Basic again. Also problems with SSL.

- With current security update it seems to work quite fine in my tests,
but when looking at the HTTP traffic it is obvious the browser still have
no clue about what it is doing on reuse of persistent connections which
in turn confused Squid slightly.