[squid-users] RE: Squid Accelerator and SSL

From: Kent, Mr. John (Contractor) <kent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:31:57 -0800

Greetings,

I downloaded and installed Squid3.0 and it works!

I can redirect to a backend server running https and the
web pages come up fine.

The problem I now have is that the accelerator works perfectly and hides
the fact that the client is connecting to an https server.

Somehow I don't think that's what I want.

Is there a way to hide all redirections from the clients browser's except those
going to an https server?

Doesn't the Client need to "see" https in the URL in order to securely transmit a
password for instance?

I guess the only way to handle this is to have a hyperlink on a page directly to
the https server and bypass Squid altogether.

If this shows a gross ignorance of the process, I confess.
Perhaps someone can set me straight.

Thank you,
John Kent