[squid-users] Squid Performance Analysis

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:03:02 -0800 (PST)

For several years, I've used Webalizer to generate periodic web reports
detailing Squid activity and the crufty, old NLANR scripts to generate
extremely plain weekly reports. Both Webalizer and NLANR generate reports
from the client perspective.

I have a requirement to generate a different report. One that answers the
question: "What bandwidth would we have used had we not installed a Squid
proxy?" If possible, this needs to be generated from the standard Squid
access log.

Is there something that analyzes the various "*_HIT" statuses in the log
and produces a "what might have been report"? Does anyone know of any
tools that are not listed on the Squid Cache web site that would provide
this type of report?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard