Re: [squid-users] Confguration of Delay_pools

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:52:41 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-2] Jindra Tomáš (Praha) wrote:

> The problem is, that definitions of delay classes are standalone. It means I
> can limit src networks and I can limit total bandwidth but I cannot limit
> both. In this case total bandwith could be limit of delay_class 1 +
> delay_class 2 + ... + delay_class 10.

Reading your question again and I probably misunderstood your question the
first time.

What you say is true. As there can only be one pool assigned at a time the
total allowed bandwidth is the sum of all active pools. This is a
limitation of how delay pools are implemented in Squid.

It would be great if this could be extended to allow for more flexible
pool designs. I know some redesign of the delay pools have been done in
Squid-3, but I do not remember if this has been addressed.