Re: [squid-users] Confguration of Delay_pools

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:39:33 +1100

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 02:52, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> It would be great if this could be extended to allow for more flexible
> pool designs. I know some redesign of the delay pools have been done in
> Squid-3, but I do not remember if this has been addressed.

In 3.0 a pool is a composite - it can be composed of just about anything
that can provide a bandwidth limit per request - so we have per user
pools, the existing 3 classes of pools, and I've a branch that does
pools based on a external acl tag.

Setting a cap for all pools - not coded, but easy to do so (one way
would be to just place an aggregate bucket around all the pools that are
created - but using a common bucket statically allocated)

What hasn't been done to date is a UI to allow users to create their own
composite structure - to tell squid how to arrange the components. That
would allow users to setup custom pool layouts to suite their needs.

Rob