RE: [squid-users] SQUID SETTINGS

From: Scott Phalen <sphalen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:14:48 -0600

Duane,

I have been watching my processes and cache all day today. Squid is the
only thing running on this server and seems to be running at 99% CUP
utilization. I currently have 600MB free mem out of 2GB (I reset squid 2
hours ago). I changed my cache_mem to 128MB and set the cache_dir to 50000
16 256. What I am concerned about is running out of RAM. From the output
of my "top" screen... there is no swap being used.

Is there a point where squid will stop consuming more RAM?
Does it hurt the caching process with frequent reboots?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Scott Phalen