RE: [squid-users] RE: Squid Accelerator and SSL, Unsupported method "L"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:16:03 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Kent, Mr. John (Contractor) wrote:

> Just to make sure I understand, did you mean to say that
> "You CAN only have one https_port directive"?

No, you can have as many https_port directives as you like.

The configuration file you sent only had one https_port directive, and it
was not for port 9999. port 9999 was a http_port directive and can not
accept https:// requests.

> And that the problem is that I have BOTH
> an http_port
> and and https_port directive in my squid.conf file?

No. You can mix as you like, but you can not use the same ip:port as both
http_port and https_port.

> OR that I only have one https port directive?

Yes.

> If its the latter then Access https://199.9.2.137:9999 should work

No, as there is no https_port defined for this ip:port in your squid.conf,
only a http_port. As this ip:port is defined as a http_port it listens for
http:// requests, not https:// requests.

> Also, since one cannot redirect https:// URLS to an http port,
> does this mean you CAN redirect https:// URL calls
> to a backend server listening on the https port 443?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.