[squid-users] Squid WCCPV2 Question

From: Wallace, Brian S. <wallacebs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:29:52 -0500

Hi:

I'm trying to get Squid with the wccpv2 code to talk with our Cisco
router using L2. The router "I SEE YOU" packet is advertising:

        WCCP2_FORWARDING_METHOD_L2
        WCCP2_ASSIGNMENT_METHOD_MASK
        WCCP2_PACKET_RETURN_METHOD_GRE

I have added the WCCP2_CAPABILITY_INFO to the "I AM HERE" packet. Since
we are running on Solaris 8, we don't have a GRE module and I am setting
the return method to L2. After talking with Cisco, they only support a
return method of GRE. Is this a problem? Does Squid ever return
packets?

Also, it looks like the wccpv2 code is using the hash assignment method.
Is this the case? If so, I will also need to recode that part of
wccpv2.

It's looking more like we need to go to Linux. :(

Thanks,

Brian S. Wallace

Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P. O. Box 2008, MS 6025