RE: [squid-users] Squid + MSAD.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:51:13 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Ampugnani, Fernando wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
> I was seeing the example in squid_ldap_auth man and I
> replace it with my data. But when I execute them the same error I am
> receiving.
>
> [root@adsasprx001 libexec]# ./squid_ldap_auth -p -R -b dc=ar,dc=McDcorp -D
> cn=Squid,ou=Grupos,ou=Comunes,ou=UsuariosyGrupos,ou=Arcos
> Dorados,dc=ar,dc=McDcorp -w pawwsord -f
> (&(ar-testuser=%s)(ObjectClass=Person)) 207.169.88.202
> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `&'

You need to quote the arguments to protect them from the shell when
executing from the command line if there is odd characters or if there is
arguments having spaces in them (such as your binddn). Nowdays Squid also
accepts quoted arguments in squid.conf.

./squid_ldap_auth -p -R -b "dc=ar,dc=McDcorp" -D "cn=Squid,ou=Grupos,ou=Comunes,ou=UsuariosyGrupos,ou=Arcos Dorados,dc=ar,dc=McDcorp" -w "pawwsord" -f "(&(ar-testuser=%s)(ObjectClass=Person))" 207.169.88.202

and in addition the filter does not look correct. Are you sure you have
added a ar-testuser attribute to the LDAP syntax of your user objects?
This is defenitely not a standard AD attribute.

And please use the squid-users mailinglist for Squid or squid_ldap_auth
questions.

If unsure on the filters use ldapsearch to look into what you have in the
directory. It takes the exact same bind and basedn argumetts.