RE: [squid-users] Redirecting Windows Update

From: Scott Phalen <sphalen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:08:36 -0600

My original question is dealing with SQUID. All I am asking here is can a
URL be redirected?
I have been running MSUS for almost a year now. I TOO KNOW HOW IT WORKS!
75% of my clients are configured to get updates from my two servers. The
other 25% go directly to Microsoft.
Security Features in the Software Update Services solution
 Software Update Services. A server running SUS can download packages from
either the public Microsoft Windows Update servers or from another server
running SUS. During any of these downloads, there is no server-to-server
authentication carried out. All content downloaded by SUS is signed by
Microsoft. SUS does not trust any content that is not signed or is
incorrectly signed. Since SUS 1.0 Service Pack 1 supports only Windows
critical updates and security rollups, all content is checked to see that it
has a been correctly signed by Microsoft.
 Automatic Updates client. The Automatic Updates client can download
packages from either the public Windows Update site or from a server running
SUS. Before installing any packages that have been downloaded, SUS checks to
confirm that the package has been signed by Microsoft. If the package is not
correctly signed, it will not be installed.