RE: [squid-users] Redirecting Windows Update

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:13:57 +0100

Hi,

At 20.08 21/02/2004, Scott Phalen wrote:

>My original question is dealing with SQUID. All I am asking here is can a
>URL be redirected?
>I have been running MSUS for almost a year now. I TOO KNOW HOW IT WORKS!
>75% of my clients are configured to get updates from my two servers. The
>other 25% go directly to Microsoft.
>Security Features in the Software Update Services solution
> Software Update Services. A server running SUS can download packages from
>either the public Microsoft Windows Update servers or from another server
>running SUS. During any of these downloads, there is no server-to-server
>authentication carried out. All content downloaded by SUS is signed by
>Microsoft. SUS does not trust any content that is not signed or is
>incorrectly signed. Since SUS 1.0 Service Pack 1 supports only Windows
>critical updates and security rollups, all content is checked to see that it
>has a been correctly signed by Microsoft.
> Automatic Updates client. The Automatic Updates client can download
>packages from either the public Windows Update site or from a server running
>SUS. Before installing any packages that have been downloaded, SUS checks to
>confirm that the package has been signed by Microsoft. If the package is not
>correctly signed, it will not be installed.

Ok, You say that You know all, so You don't need any recommendations from
me ... :-)

So, please try an let to know to the list if You are right.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/