RE: [squid-users] Redirecting Windows Update

From: Mark A. Lewis <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:25:59 -0600

You are both right.

Yes, if you attempt to impersonate the Windows update site it will not
work.

Yes, you can redirect a request for windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
sus.mydomain.com and let them use that for updates, so long as you don't
try to impersonate the Windows Update site.

My suggestion would be to use SquidGuard to redirect these users to a
page explaining that they should use the SUS site instead. This will
work just fine.