Re: [squid-users] Redirecting Windows Update

From: Anthony M. Rasat <anton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:57:09 +0700

> Does anyone have a config I could use to redirect all
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com updates OR a link to show me how to create this
> config?

If your Squid server happen to be on Linux OS, usually /etc/hosts entries
should affecting name queries. Just add entry windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
your internal windowsupdate IP address. Perhaps more like this :

# file /etc/hosts
192.168.xxx.xxx windowsupdate.microsoft.com windowsupdate

Then don't forget to ask Squid to re-read its configuration files.

$ /path/to/squid -k reconfigure

But as always, don't take it from me, I've never tried that strategy yet and
you should try yourself in a non-production environment.

--
Regards,
Anthony M. Rasat