RE: [squid-users] Squid extremely slow in transparent mode

From: Andriy Korud <akorud@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:25:24 +0200

γΙΤΥΐ Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Andriy Korud wrote:
>
> > 2.5STABLE4, OS Linux (both 2.4.24 and 2.6.3 were tested).
> > Was testes on single client - so proxy load was 0.
>
> Ok, some more data required
>
> * Does it work fine if no interception rules are installed and the client
> is configured to use the proxy?
Yes

> * Does work fine if interception rules are installed but the client is
> still configured to use the proxy?
Yes

> * How are you redirecting the traffic to the proxy?
- On Linux router:
forward packets to squid machine using iproute2 and policy routing without
changing src or dst address;
- On Squid (Linux, separate machine):
redirect packets coming to port 80 to port 3128 using iptables REDIRECT target.

> * What is the MTU to your client?
Telling the truth - don't know, however client is usual out-of the box
Windows2k/XP machine connected via cable modem. I must check the MTU settings,
but can you direct me what exactly I should check and where problem can be?

Thanks in advance,
Andriy Korud