Re: [squid-users] Real Audio (554) streaming

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:54:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Mathew Thomas wrote:

> Do I need to do any special configuration on my squid proxy servers to
> proxy Real Audio (554) streaming?

Depends.

If you by real-audio streaming include streaming over HTTP then nothing
needs to be done. This requires reasonably modern clients and servers to
work, and not all servers have this mode of operation enabled.

If you by real-audio streaming refer to streaming of the Real Audio
protocol then you need to install a Real Audio/Video proxy as this
protocol is not HTTP related. A reference implementation of such proxy is
available from Real.